Mobile Equipment Mechanic / Instructor
- Job ID: 2002291DC
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: January 8, 2016
- Closing Date:
- Position Filled: February 19, 2016
The Ambatovy Mine Site Maintenance Team is searching for highly experienced maintenance trainers on a 24-month contract. They have a vacancy for a bilingual English / French Mobile Equipment Mechanic / Instructor. Reporting to the Maintenance General Foreman for Mobile Equipment and as part of the mobile maintenance team.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The incumbent will be working closely with a group of mechanics (with varying skill levels) and will be responsible to ensure all work is completed in a safe and cost effective manner. In this role the person will assist with the training and development of the maintenance workforce by transferring knowledge and experience to the local national Mobile Maintenance Mechanical workforce.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain a high level of Health, Safety, and Environmental awareness
- Ensure crew compliance to performance standards and company policies
- Lead by example, mentor and coach mechanical maintenance staff, whilst transferring knowledge & experience
- Monitor and evaluate whether maintenance activities are performed and completed on schedule and to a high standard
- Ensure preventative, planned and breakdown maintenance tasks are performed and recorded
- Empower the local mechanical mobile maintenance team to conduct mobile equipment diagnostics and inspections
- Ensure maintenance manuals, part books, schematics for hydraulic and electrical systems are available / accessible and used accordingly
- Inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions. Report on any reoccurring issues
- Determine the type and extent of repair work (or adjustment) required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance before releasing it back into service
- Determine complexity and repair completion time of problems
- Attend tool box meetings and raise / address any concerns
- Create a positive work culture to ensure optimal team performance and learning
- Ability to communicate in French is required
- Certification as a Journeyman Mechanic or Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Relevant mechanical experience on various mobile equipment mining fleets
- Minimum 15 years as qualified tradesman mechanic
- Experience with operation and maintenance of 777 and 740 CAT Trucks, D8 Dozers, 6030 and 385 Excavators, 16 M Graders, 992 CAT loaders and other major mining equipment
- Knowledge and experience in diagnosing faults and equipment malfunctions using various testing equipment including electrical testers, hydraulic flow meters and pressure gauges, etc.
- On a project basis the candidate will be able to act as leader in the installation of major equipment components
- Able to perform equipment installation and commissioning as per OEM requirements
- Able to perform rigging duties associated with the movement of major components and general maintenance requirements
- Computerised Maintenance management Systems (eg Pronto, SAP or other) are considered advantageous
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 6/2 rotational status. Lodgings are modern and secure with a pool, gym, etc. Accommodations are first class.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Damian Cotellessa on +61 8 9328 3100 or to apply directly please submit your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: