Lead Reliability Engineer (Mine)
- Job ID: 2002295AP
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: January 26, 2016
- Closing Date: February 12, 2016
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar (a Sherritt International operation) is currently searching for an experienced Lead Reliability Engineer (Mine) for their Central Maintenance department.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
Reporting to the Senior Reliability Engineer the Lead Reliability Engineer (Mine) will play a critical role in improving the reliability of the mine’s ore preparation plant and heavy mobile plant equipment including as example, conveyors, gearboxes, CAT mobile fleet etc.
Specifically, the Lead Reliability Engineer (Mine) will:
- Deliver best practices related to Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Maintenance Strategy optimization for the company’s mine maintenance division
- Participate in fixed and mobile equipment inspections to assess the integrity condition of the equipment focusing on implementing preventative maintenance strategies
- Generate reports, initiate and implement RCFA processes
- Propose technical adjustments to improve reliability of equipment and installations at the mine
- Improve the mine’s RCM approach for site equipment and installations
- Act as technical expert for complex trouble-shooting and lead preventative maintenance initiatives to maximize equipment life-cycle
- Interact with technical staff and planning teams to implement RCFA and RCM best practices
- Assist in developing, monitoring and compiling department’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Mentor, coach and train national Reliability Engineers to ensure skills, knowledge and experience is transferred
- Degree in Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience as a Lead Reliability Engineer in a mining environment and/or heavy mining mobile equipment (e.g. CAT)
- Proven experience in defining and implementing maintenance and reliability processes
- Previous exposure in implementation of reliability principles in newly built facilities
- Previous experience in Africa or developing countries where technical knowledge transfer has successfully occurred through training, mentoring and coaching to the local workforce
- Fluent in English and conversational French desirable
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 6/2 rotational status. Lodging is modern and secure with a pool, gym, etc. Accommodation is first class.
Please submit your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: