Lead Reliability Engineer (Plant)
- Job ID: 2002299B
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: January 14, 2016
- Closing Date: March 09, 2016
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar (a Sherritt International operation) is currently searching for an experienced a Lead Reliability Engineer (Plant) for their Central Maintenance department.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is sourcing experienced and qualified talent for their world class lateritic nickel and cobalt processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and to contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
Reporting to the Senior Reliability Engineer the Lead Reliability Engineer (Plant) will play a critical role in improving the reliability of the fixed plant equipment including as example, pumps, gearboxes, tanks, agitators, valves, rotating equipment etc.
Specifically, the Lead Reliability Engineer (Plant) will:
- Deliver best practices related to Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Maintenance Strategy optimization for the company’s central maintenance division
- Participate in fixed plant equipment inspections to assess the integrity condition of the equipment focusing on implementing preventative maintenance strategies
- Generate reports, initiate and implement RCFA processes
- Propose technical adjustments to improve reliability of equipment and installations at the plant
- Improve the plant’s RCM approach for site equipment and installations
- Act as technical expert for complex trouble-shooting and lead preventative maintenance initiatives to maximize equipment life-cycle
- Interact with technical staff and planning teams to implement RCFA and RCM best practices
- Assist in developing, monitoring and compiling department’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Mentor, coach and train national Reliability Engineers to ensure skills, knowledge and experience is transferred
- Professional Engineer (PR.Eng) is essential
- Experience working within a HPAL / Sulphuric Acid Plant is essential
- Degree in Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience as a Lead Reliability Engineer on large-scale fixed plant equipment in a mining environment
- Proven experience in defining and implementing maintenance and reliability processes
- Previous exposure in implementation of reliability principles in newly built facilities
- Previous experience in Africa or developing countries where technical knowledge transfer has successfully occurred through training, mentoring and coaching to the local workforce
- Fluent in English and conversational French desirable
The position offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the role working an attractive 6/2 FIFO roster. Lodging is in world-class facilities within modern and secure accommodations including a pool and gym.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: