Mine Operations General Foreman
- Job ID: 2002332DC
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: November 25, 2015
- Closing Date: January 08, 2016
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt mining operations in Madagascar is currently searching for an experienced Mine Operations General Foreman to join the Mine Production team on a 12-month contract. Reporting to the Mining Superintendent the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing and supervising the open pit mining, to meet or exceed planned mine production operations in a safe and efficient manner.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
In this role the successful person will be responsible for:
- Maintain overall control of both the open pit mine operations
- The day-to-day management of the open pit mining operations at Ambatovy, including daily coordination of the activities of crews
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with department heads, engineers, shift supervisors, direct reports, trainers, safety and environmental personnel, mine services, etc.
- Coordinate production needs with planned maintenance activities with the mine maintenance department to ensure the long-term viability of the fleet
- Review performance data, and develop and implement changes necessary to enhance safety, improve productivity, and lower production costs
- Make recommendations in relations to measuring and improving production methods, employee and equipment performance/efficiency, working conditions, and the quality of work produced
- Assist the Mining Superintendent in the supervision/oversight of the open pit mine, and act as manager in his absence, as directed
- Ensure work is done to high Health & Safety standards
- Evaluate and coordinate the training of all mining operations personnel to ensure optimal performance
- At least 10 years experience directing a large construction or mining equipment fleet
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Strong commitment to safety
- Good interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Strong familiarity with the Ambatovy mobile mine fleet (CAT articulated trucks, excavators, dozers, loaders, and support equipment)
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- Fluent in English. Some French is a plus
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 6/2 rotational status. Lodging and meals are provided with a fully equipped gym on site.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: