Senior Electrical Engineer
- Job ID: 1387AP
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: February 2, 2016
- Closing Date: May 31, 2016
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations (a Sherritt International operation) in Madagascar is currently searching for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to provide technical guidance and support to multi-disciplinary teams across the whole operation. Reporting into the Projects Engineering Superintendent the incumbent will be accountable to lead and provide electrical engineering services which includes project management, ensuring discipline specific standards compliance in support of plant modifications as well as capital projects.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
In this role the successful person will be responsible for:
- Lead and provide appropriate electrical / mechanical engineering support in relation to plant modifications and capital projects, whilst ensuring all safety and environment policies are adhered to and incorporated into plant designs.
- Assists engineering staff in troubleshooting, equipment design, selection and commissioning of new equipment.
- Develop, implement and maintain electrical engineering procedures consistent with Ambatovy engineering practices, conforming to and supporting ISO 9001 certification.
- Prepare technical reports to support electrical systems design, modifications, diagnostics and economic justification.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and coaching, leading to the growth and development of junior engineers and technicians.
- Ensure all system designs are technically sound and all safety and environmental measures have been incorporated according to the applicable specifications.
- Assist in the development, updating and review of site P&IDs, single line diagrams and other related electrical drawings and documents
- Participate in capital budgeting and management of the capital program.
- Assume the duties of the Project Engineering Superintendent as required.
- Certified Professional Engineer with a minimum Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of engineering design and supervisory experience in within a complex chemical, refining or industrial site.
- HV Design Experience working within a Power plant is essential
- Knowledge and Experience working with European Standards (IEC & NEMA Frameworks) is essential.
- Proven experience in training and Mentoring junior reports.
- Proven Experience Familiar with PLC controllers, SCADA, fibre optics, or distributed control systems.
- Proven experience with SCM and ETAP Software is essential
- Good computer skills and ability to work with applicable engineering design software such as InTools, AutoCAD, Micro Station, Caneco LV, SKM HV, Somove, etc.
- Fluency in French and in English will be a strong asset.
- Previous experience working in Remote Locations is essential
- Leadership and communication skills with a focus on continuous improvement.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3 rotational status.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document: