Technical Services Manager (Plant)
- Job ID: 2002342B
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: January 8, 2016
- Closing Date: April 22, 2016
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar is currently searching for an experienced Technical Services Manager. This world class operation employs highly complex chemical and metallurgical processes that require sophisticated control and technical management.
Reporting to the VP Plant Services the Technical Services Manager is mandated to provide the necessary leadership and technical expertise to ensure the plant and mine site meet optimal production, safety and environmental targets.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
In this role the successful person will be responsible for:
- Provide effective leadership, management and direction for technical services personnel to support plant and mine operations to efficiently produce nickel and cobalt
- Work closely with the Chief Metallurgist to achieve optimal operational performance
- Provide guidance and leadership to the technical service team in relation to all analytical services, project engineering, process control activities as well as project execution and cost control functions
- Work closely with the Chief Metallurgist and Senior Maintenance Engineering group to support operations on identified priority projects
- Coordinate capital projects implementation and maintain regular interaction with the Finance and Supply Chain Department
- Ensure that all site and government safety, health and environmental procedures and standards are followed
- Responsible for preparing business plans, budgets, provide effective technical services to meet internal customer needs in support of production volumes, unit costs, and product quality
- Provide necessary support to ensure emergency changes are effectively executed
- Continuously seek and promote opportunities for operational improvements, cost reduction and technical innovation to maintain business profitability
- Prepare annual operating and coordinate capital budgets for the plant/mine and provide key support for strategic planning initiatives for the metals business
- Ensure the Geotechnical Tailings Review Board (GTRB) is managed appropriately to provide independent review and guidance for the mine and site. Ensure proper Geotechnical oversight is provided to both sites
- Maintain a robust relationship with key outsourced providers of engineering services
- Provide mentorship, guidance and coaching, leading to the growth and development of department employees
- A professional engineering degree with at least 15 to 20 years of technical or operations management experience in a chemical or metallurgical plant.
- Proven leadership experience in implementing engineering solutions at a similar operation or processing facility.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplined team and provide internal clients with efficient service
- Demonstrated track record of training and developing employees to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization
- Strong leadership and communication skills with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to speak French is an asset
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 6/2 rotational status. Lodgings are modern and secure with a pool, gym, etc. Accommodations are first class.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: