Utilities Maintenance Foreman
- Job ID: 2002351DC
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: February 8, 2015
- Closing Date:
- Position Filled: April 04, 2016
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt mining operations in Madagascar is currently searching for an experienced Utilities Maintenance Foreman to join the Plant Maintenance team on a 12-month contract. The role is responsible for coaching, supervising and training the National workforce. The incumbent will plan, organize, and control continuous improvement works and a broad range of programs, initiatives and issues for a cost effective reliable maintenance service to the Utilities area.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
Responsibilities will include:
In this role the successful person will be required to:
- Supervise and improve programs and policies related to health, safety and environment for Utilities maintenance to minimize risk to employees and property
- Supervise maintenance resources in a manner consistent with meeting the company’s objectives and responsibilities in the environmental protection
- Follow policies and procedures to maximize use of maintenance resources – human and material – to maintain a competent skills base consistent with changing corporate needs and reducing plant downtime
- Supervise development of maintenance personnel while also directing personnel to improve maintenance methods, programs, materials and equipment by keeping current on technological developments
- Plan, organize and control the preventive/predictive maintenance strategy and program in the Utilities area. The objective is to reduce unscheduled shutdowns and sustainability towards bench marked world class standards
- Mobility, fitness and ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplined team.
- Strong technical background in equipment operation
- Strong familiarity with mechanical mechanisms (Pumps, agitators, blowers, conveyors etc.)
- A minimum knowledge for electrical and instrumentation and maintenance best practices
- Coach and lead maintenance personnel to address common issues and establish common goals and objectives
- Recruit, develop and coach for performance staff under his direct supervision
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar role and at least 5 years at supervisor level
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in problem solving, project implementation and continuous improvement
- Ability to operate and supervise in a multi service organization and multi-client operation
- Knowledge of all safety aspects for mechanical, instrumentation and electrical in industrial facilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and coach National workforces
- Fluent in English. Some French is a plus.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 6/2 rotational status. Lodging and meals are provided with a fully equipped gym on site.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: