Senior Engineer Process Control
- Job ID: 1345AP
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: April 21, 2016
- Closing Date: June 05, 2016
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt mining operations in Madagascar is currently searching for an experienced Senior Engineer, Process Control to join the Technical Services team on a 24-month contract. Reporting to the Superintendent, Project Engineering, the purpose of the role is to to manage the maintenance and modifications and be the subject matter expert as required of the control system for Ambatovy’s ore processing plant, port, ore pipeline, nickel/cobalt production plant and supporting utilities.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
In this role the successful person will be required to:
- Manage the execution of proposed Distributed Control System (DCS) modifications in conjunction with the instrumentation and electrical contractors
- Manage the monitoring of PID controller performance and safety interlocks plant wide and drive a program of continuous improvement
- Provide input to control strategies for alterations and additions to plant processes, participate in commissioning and optimization of control processes
- Manage the development and implementation standard operating procedures required for safe operation of the DCS
- Ensure work is carried out safely and efficiently in a competent manner and that they adhere to the Permit to Work System and Management of Change System.
- Manage the operation and maintenance of the DCS infrastructure, including all hardware, software and fibre optic communication, resulting in 100% reliability 24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 52 weeks a year
- Manage the operation and maintenance of Ambatovy refinery PIMS, including all hardware, software and communication, resulting in >99% reliability
- Manage the temporary bypass of Instruments, Controllers and Electrics (ICE) to provide a safe working environment
- Manage the optimisation of automatic control action on process operation
- A minimum of 15 years’ control engineering related experience in a heavy industry setting including metals, pulp & paper, power house, petro-chemical, refinery or mineral processing plants
- Experience working with industrial network protocols such as Profibus DP and Modbus
- Experience in optimization of data collection and process information management systems
- Previous and sustained instrumentation and control commissioning/site experience
- Strong understanding of distributed control systems, background with Siemens PCS7 / Step 7 an asset
- Skilled at PID control loop design, tuning and performance assessment
- Familiar with control loop tuning applications
- Fluent in English, French is an asset
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3 rotational status. Lodging and meals are provided with a fully equipped gym on site.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: