Senior Planner – Mill Maintenance
- Job ID: 2002361JD
- Location: South America
- Commodity: Gold
- Date Posted: March 7, 2016
- Closing Date:
- Position Filled: May 05, 2016
Globe 24-7 in partnership with IAMGOLD, is seeking an experienced Senior Planner – Mill Maintenance to join their team. Reporting to the Mill Maintenance Superintendent, the Mill Senior Planner will be responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing the maintenance programs and schedules for all treatment plant equipment and machinery.
IAMGOLD is a major gold producer with operations on three continents and is in growth mode thanks to management and operating expertise. Responsible mining is at the heart of their identity and they are committed to health, bio-diversity and human rights.
They have selected Globe 24-7 as a recruitment partner to successfully source the aforementioned position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in conducting similar searches.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to maintenance scheduling
- Establish plans for work requests within the planning guidelines
- Ensure all required materials, permits & personnel are available and on site, prior to scheduling
- Prepare schedules to ensure all work is completed efficiently and within budgeted guidelines
- Escalates issues requiring knowledge regarding the broader business impact of decisions
- Compile with established methodologies and quality standards related to maintenance while recommending new or alternate approaches
- Support, coordinate and control the quality of the work executed by the planning team
- Prepares reports, provide information to management and complete documentation related to maintenance planning
- Manage a team of maintenance planning personnel
As the successful candidate, it is essential that you possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- English / Dutch bilingualism is required
- Certified journeyman or other trade certificate (i.e. Mechanical Engineering Technology diploma)
- At least 10 years of maintenance and/or mining experience
- Successful supervision experience
- Solid knowledge of crushing and coarse ore handling systems
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation
- Strong understanding and ability to work cross culturally with solid communication skills
- Ability to prepare accurate records and reports
- Familiarity with Occupational Health and Safety Programs
IAMGOLD Corporation will provide an attractive remuneration package. This role presents as an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class mining organization.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: