Supply Chain Surintendant – Supply Chain Superintendent
- Job ID: 2002360LV
- Location: Western Africa
- Commodity: Gold
- Date Posted: March 5, 2016
- Closing Date:
- Position Filled: May 19, 2016
We are currently searching for an experienced Supply Chain Superintendent to join the team in Burkina Faso. The successful person will be responsible to manage all mine site supply chain, logistics, warehousing as well as inventory control.
IAMGOLD is a major Gold producer with operations on three continents. Globe 24-7 in partnership with IAMGOLD are currently recruiting highly experienced talent for their open pit CIL Gold mining operation at Essakane in Burkina Faso.
The incumbent will be responsible for the full supply chain and typical duties include:
- Prepare and execute short as well as medium term business plans, whilst coordinating the daily activities of the various sections within the Supply Chain Department.
- Participate and represent the Supply Chain Department at management meetings and working with other Department Heads to achieve mine site objectives.
- Oversee the implementation and improvement of Supply Chain processes, policies, systems and practices.
- Keeps track of and coordinate various internal and external audits.
- Ensure the goods, equipment and or services purchased are delivered on time, at the best total cost of ownership and in accordance with the approved budgets.
- Prepare, negotiate and manage contractors and contracts.
- Ensure procurement approvals are established and adhered to at all times to eliminate any risk.
- Ensure compliance with corporate procedures and standards.
- Ensures optimal management of inventory levels, whilst ensuring proper record keeping and utility of the inventory management system.
- Ensures the effective coordination and management of all logistics within country, whilst ensuring compliance with various Governmental regulations and Policies.
- Identify improvement opportunities with regard to transportation, whether it is by sea, air, rail or land.
- University degree or relevant qualification in a related area.
- Minimum 10 years experience managing Supply Chain, ideally within the mining industry.
- Knowledge of logistical processes, procedures and challenges within developing countries.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership and management – especially with upskilling, motivating and coaching people.
- Able to work independently and under pressure.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and French.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a very attractive single status rotation. Lodging and meals will be provided.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the link below: