Senior Open Pit Engineer
- Job ID: 962JA
- Location: North America
- Commodity: Gold
- Date Posted: March 6, 2016
- Closing Date: May 20, 2016
Our client is currently searching for an experienced Senior Open Pit Engineer to join their North American operations. In this role the successful person will evaluate open pit mining opportunities and provide the engineering support necessary to advance pit projects from exploration stage to production.
Our client is one of the major gold producers with a mix of operations and development projects. They have selected Globe 24-7 to successfully source the aforementioned position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in successfully conducting similar searches.
- Providing clarity and focus to the open pit engineering group to help achieve and surpass the mine’s safety and production targets
- Evaluate open pit mining opportunities and provide the engineering support necessary to advance pit projects from the exploration phase to the production phase
- Build and motivate a team that works effectively and efficiently with other departments
- Grow the people in the engineering group through performance review, training, guidance, and mentoring to reach their maximum potential
- A Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering or equivalent engineering degree
- Must possess, or be eligible for, membership in Professional Engineers of Ontario
- Minimum 7 years of mine operation and engineering experience
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a leadership role
- Be technically competent and have a good understanding of key business drivers for open pit mining
- Able to effectively create strategic relationships with engineering, operations, geology and management personnel
- Able to effectively make presentations on open pit projects and establish priorities to meet strategic goals
- Technically fluent in mine optimization and planning software
Our client offers a competitive remuneration package; this is a great opportunity for a mining professional to join a world-class organization.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the link below: