- Job ID: 2313AP
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: February 26, 2016
- Closing Date: March 25, 2016
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar (a Sherritt International operation) is currently searching for an experienced Electrical Engineer within the Central Maintenance Department who will be required to carry out Electrical Technical Support and Troubleshooting for the entire Process Plant and Offsite facilities. The Electrical Engineer will report to the High Voltage General Foreman.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
In this role the successful person will be responsible to:
- Investigate electrical and instrumentation equipment failures to determine root cause and recommend appropriate solutions to reduce reoccurrence of, and / or eliminate the cause of failure if this is possible.
- Evaluate electrical preventative / predictive maintenance program to identify areas of improvement and implement changes as necessary.
- Review Electrical system inspection / maintenance reports and initiate or verify initiation of corrective action to resolve problems. Track the resolution of outstanding issues to ensure timeous completion.
- Review electrical system coordination studies and protective device settings to ensure that they are providing equipment protection and are properly documented.
- Provide technical assistance to maintenance and production.
- Work with technical services group to ensure adequate electrical design in compliance with the accepted electrical codes and standards.
- Maintain technical expertise and keep abreast of electrical technology and design changes as they apply to potential plant equipment and production improvements.
- Transfer competencies to nationals.
- Promote a safe work place in compliance with health and safety policies and practices in force and collaborate to improve them
- Minimum Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as an Electrical Engineer in a similar role within an Industrial Environment preferably within Metals, Chemical or Oil/Gas processing plant
- Contractor management experience
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of: PLC, Relays, DCS, Communication Systems, Voltage (High, Medium and Low), Fault Finding, Read Electrical Drawings, Electrical Control Systems
- International Standards for electrical installation as well as: Malagasy Standards “TBM 1969 Edition”, Labour Code “law2003-004”, NFC 15100, NFC 13100
- Proven experience in Training and imparting skills to subordinates.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Communication in either French or Malagasy would be highly advantageous.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: