Lead Mine Planner
- Job ID: 1357EG
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: March 17, 2016
- Closing Date: April 15, 2016
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar (a Sherritt International operation) is currently searching for an experienced Lead Mine Planner. The successful person will be responsible for all planning activities associated with the mobile as well as fixed plant equipment at the mine. This role will also be responsible for the Ore Processing Plant maintenance, shutdowns and capital projects planning.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Lead Mine Planner is responsible for overseeing the scoping, budgeting, planning, scheduling and coordinating the execution of above mentioned works while ensuring expectations are met by all parties involved.
Lead, plan, organize and control the development of the mobile and fixed mechanical equipment for the entire mine site. Oversee the development of the 5 year and 12-month integrated schedule for the site. This position interacts strongly with the procurement and mine operations department.
- Provide support / training of National planners to upgrade their skills, to a level which provides for an autonomous planning section in both mobile and fixed equipment planning.
- Integrate all EAM functionality into the planning of weekly, monthly, yearly and long term plans. Priority given on planned work based on OEM maintenance best practices.
- Supervise and develop the planning team to insure efficiency of maintenance tasks.
- Insure Work Order life cycle from Work Request to Work order completion. (Validation, Estimation, Work Pack, Scheduling, Execution, Completion, Data entries, Closing)
- Coordinate planning activities required for both corrective and predictive maintenance tasks.
- Insure major and minor planned work within his area is coordinated with other support groups as required.
- Oversee capital project activities within his area.
- Follow WO cost and propose corrective actions.
- Insure continuous training of his team regarding EAM and planning best practices
- Review /define turnaround and shutdown scopes for both scheduled and unexpected turnarounds in liaison with other groups (i.e. Operations, Maintenance and Technical Services).
- For fixed plant, gather and integrate all shutdown activities, related to operational shutdown plans, which will be utilized to generate plans, schedules and critical paths.
- Develop budgets for scheduled work and planned overhauls, as well as fixed planned maintenance. Implement forecasting in EAM as a budgeting and forecasting tool for monthly and annual planning.
- Using the planned maintenance forecast, assist planners to ensure that all required spares, materials and service contracts are corresponding to support the planned maintenance annual plan.
- This position coordinates through planner under responsibility, all KPI reporting to various levels of management.
- Integrate “lessons learned” meetings after the major mobile equipment overhauls and fixed Plant equipment shutdowns to ensure that proposed actions are addressed.
- Issue post reports for major equipment overhauls or fixed equipment shutdowns ensuring all executed work orders are properly documented and finalized in the CMMS.
- Proven track record in planning, budgeting, estimation is essential
- MS Project high or expert level
- Proficiency in utilization of interface links between CMMS and project scheduling tools
- Previous exposure in multicultural environment and ability to communicate effectively
- Very high adaptability and flexibility
- Able to perform and manage multiple tasks to attain maintenance department requirements
- Min 10 years’ progressive experience as fixed plant and Heavy Mobile Equipment maintenance planner/scheduler
- Preference will be given to candidates with wide experience in a maintenance role associated with maintenance planning in large open cut mining operations, as well as mineral processing plants or other heavy industrial facilities
- Experience in defining and implementing turnaround processes will be an asset.
- Proven experience with CMMS (EAM or similar)
- Engineering Maintenance diploma in mechanical or electrical or solid applied technical background.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3 rotational status.
To apply directly please submit your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: