Mine Operations Manager
- Job ID: 2329EG
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: March 17, 2016
- Closing Date: April 15, 2016
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar (a Sherritt International operation) is currently searching for an experienced Mine Operations Manager. The Mine Operations Manager is accountable for the safe and efficient execution of the mine plan.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Mine Operations Manager is accountable for the safe execution of all mining activities, continuous cross-shift performance, the establishment and maintenance of areas standards, and the delivery of agreed objectives in areas of total movement and cost.
- Responsible to meet all production and quality targets
- Responsible of meeting operating cost targets and controlling capital expenditures
- Special projects and responsible for all environmental compliance
- Responsible to assist the Mine Director to the operation of the mine
- Management of any special projects related to mining and developing
- Demonstrated applied learning in areas of mining safety, methods, standards and business improvement
- Advanced risk assessment and analysis
- Budget understanding, development and analysis
- Practical experience in mine operations management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English, with French being a distinct advantage
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in modern large open pit mining operations
- A minimum of 5 years in a similar senior role in a remote or developing country
- Advanced awareness of mine planning systems and software
- Advanced understanding of geotechnical hazards and controls
- Must have worked as an EXPAT before
- Relevant post-secondary education qualification in mining, safety, leadership
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3 rotational status.
To apply directly please submit your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: