Mine Development Manager
- Job ID: 2331EG
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: March 17, 2016
- Closing Date: April 15, 2016
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar (a Sherritt International operation) is currently searching for an experienced Mine Development Manager. The Mine Development Manager Leads the planning and execution of projects to satisfy the required mine plan.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
Reporting to the Mine Director, the Mine Development Manager establishes the 5-year capital development plan and leads its execution. Collates, plans, coordinates, leads and controls the mine development plan for infrastructure, facilities, earthworks (roads, dams, etc.) and improvement projects.
- Collaborate, plan, organize and drive agreed projects to meet the 5-year plan.
- Establish standards to promote healthy, productive and cost-effective activities.
- Contribute to develop annual capital and operational budgeting.
- Develop and train local manpower in order to implement appropriate programs and to a competency level capable of replacing expatriate staff.
- Preserve the environment from extraordinary impacts in compliance with applicable and enforced standards, by setting appropriate work practices and by educating employees.
- Supervise all activities related to project development and execution.
- In charge of the annual evaluation output of the employees under his/her department.
- Ensure procedures are implemented to support safe and efficient delivery of the plan.
- Ensure follow up on procedures and policies to guarantee employees’ health and safety in compliance with environmental standards.
- Excellent planning, organization and supervisory skills
- Technical competences for project planning, mine development and planning
- Technical skills related to budgeting, cost control, compliance commercial awareness
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency with computing tools and database processing
- 10 years of practical mining experience in planning, operations and project development
- Experience within an integrated mining and processing facility
- Experience in staff management, safety, operations and mine-related earthworks construction
- Relevant experience in staff training and development
- University degree in engineering or related discipline, from a well-known institution.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3 rotational status.
To apply directly please submit your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: