- Job ID: 2328EG
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: March 17, 2016
- Closing Date: April 15, 2016
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar (a Sherritt International operation) is currently searching for an experienced Geology Superintendent. The Geology Superintendent leads and manages the mine geology service, within the mine technical services department.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
Reporting to the Mine Technical Services Manager, the Geology Superintendent is accountable for establishing and implementing best practice systems, procedures and operational support processes.
This includes leading a team of 60 persons, including geologists, grade control technicians, samplers and QA/QC personnel.
- Perform and report on the annual estimation of the resources.
- Maintain short and long range block models for scheduling and planning purposes.
- Improve predictive grade models.
- Ensure that grade information is communicated to operations.
- Lead the reconciliation process across the business.
- Oversee all aspects of grade control.
- Lead the team of geologists, technicians, samplers and (at times) casual labour.
- Develop and establish procedures in order to respect standards and maximize economic profit of the operation.
- Manage administrative status of the team.
- Watch over if the working areas under his responsibility are maintained well- ordered, cleaned and safely
- Coordinate the training and succession planning of the team.
- Apply safety and work procedures, policies and good practices.
- Apply and respect norms, regulations, standards, codes and laws in force within Ambatovy Mine Site and Madagascar
- Advanced knowledge of Surpac software, particularly resource modeling.
- Advanced knowledge of Geostatistics, modeling, mine to process reconciliations and various relevant software.
- Significant exposure to mutli-element high-variability resources.
- Relevant experience in large first world integrated mining / processing businesses.
- Good understanding of MapInfo GIS software would be an advantage.
- Must have experience working in a developing country
- Must have experience in the operation and/or project supervision
- Qualify as a Competent Person as defined under NI43-101, JORC or SAMREC.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent English with French being a distinct advantage
- A minimum of 10 years of experience, including some years in open pit operations.
- University degree in geology or geology engineering
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3 rotational status.
To apply directly please submit your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: