Mine Training Superintendent
- Job ID: 2330EG
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: March 17, 2016
- Closing Date:
- Position Filled: June 23, 2016
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar (a Sherritt International operation) is currently searching for an experienced Mine Training Superintendent. The Mine Training Superintendent Leads and manages the mine training section.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
Reporting to the Mine Director, the Mine Training Superintendent is accountable for establishing and implementing best practice systems, procedures and operational support processes.
- Establish, maintain and direct a best applicable practice mine training framework
- Upskill the mine training team to perform within this framework
- Engage and drive performance from relevant external training providers
- Perform regular skills gap assessments and provide solutions for long term sustainable performance
- Lead the team of trainers, coaching them in best practice systems and infrastructure (simulator)
- Develop and establish procedures in order meet client expectations
- Manage administrative status of the team
- Coordinate the training and succession planning of the team
- Apply safety and work procedures, policies and good practices
- Establish functional relations to operations and maintenance teams
- Apply and respect norms, regulations, standards, codes and laws in force within Ambatovy Mine Site and Madagascar
- Advanced knowledge of global best practice mine training systems
- Advanced knowledge of mine operations and maintenance simulators (Caterpillar compliant for trucks and excavators, hydraulics, electronics and servicing)
- Relevant experience in large first world integrated mining / processing businesses
- Demonstrated successful experience working in a developing country
- Demonstrated successful experience as a mine operator, trainer and leader
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English, with French skills an advantage
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in open pit operations, a minimum of 5 leading the training section
- Mobile fleet operations certifications
- Train the Trainer
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3 rotational status.
To apply directly please submit your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: