Process Plant Shift Supervisor
- Job ID: 2334LS
- Location: Western Africa
- Commodity: Gold
- Date Posted: February 16, 2016
- Closing Date:
- Position Filled: March 18, 2016
Globe 24-7 have been engaged by TSX-listed Roxgold Inc. to source a Process Plant Shift Supervisor for their new processing facilities in Burkina Faso.
The Process Plant Shift Supervisor is primarily responsible to develop, coach and train a team of national Plant Operators to ensure that all aspects of the mill and associated equipment runs as efficiently as possible by providing daily supervision of staff and training on all technical areas of the plant.
- Develop the standard operating procedures, processes and systems to lead the plant operations team through commissioning into operations.
- Oversee efficient operation of the plant to ensure throughput and recovery is maximised
- Perform daily plant operational duties to meet performance targets.
- Develop training and induction programs to effectively support operations personnel.
- Continually look to improve plant performance and efficiency.
- Oversee shift planning activities for the team
- Consistently maintain a high quality of work within the department and within the maintenance team
- Minimum 5 years experience on gold processing plants (crushing, grinding & CIL circuits)
- Minimum Diploma, Certificate IV or Trade qualified in Metallurgical, Mechanical, Electrical or similar.French language skills desired, not essential
- Previous experience in West Africa essential
- Experience in systematic coaching and training of employees in developing country.
- Previous commissioning experience is advantageous
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and build effective relationships and networks
- Possesses strong influencing skills and the ability to develop an effective team
- Demonstrates strong conceptual skills, and be capable of developing lateral and practical solutions
- Ability to respond to a changing work environment
- The ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time
- A reputation for integrity and ethics
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a rotational status.
To apply directly please submit your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: