IT Business Solutions Superintendent
- Job ID: 2342ES
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: March 24, 2016
- Closing Date: April 29, 2016
The IT Business Solutions Superintendent will overview the IT Projects, Business Applications & Architecture vision and strategy to provide reliable operational Business Applications & Projects for all Ambatovy stakeholders.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar.
Responsibilities will include
- The position is responsible for making sure all business applications are available, secured and that the use is optimized.
- The incumbent will influence and lead all levels of management within Ambatovy related to IT Applications & Architecture, external contact with technology companies, suppliers, consultants and equipment manufacturers.
- Together with the need to oversee resources the role requires a technically competent, experienced leader.
- He/she will contribute to the formulation of strategies and resource planning, and manage project cost analysis.
- Ensures the Applications Architecture is highly available to support access to all Ambatovy critical Business Applications.
- Develops and issues medium and long-term plans for IT Business Applications & Architecture in conjunction with the IT Manager
- Documents, distributes and tests disaster recovery procedures related to IT Business Applications and Projects
Skills: technical, management, organization
- Demonstrated and referenced track record for on-time, within budget and seamless quality delivery of global IT projects/programs
- Effectively competent in a fast paced environment, strong time management skills
- Excellent analytical, attention to detail, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Customer centric with exceptional verbal and written English communication skills; proven interpersonal and negotiation competencies
- In depth experience with large scale transformations of technology solutions, within a matrix management structure and decentralized project teams
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technology release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management
- Technical proficiency in hardware and systems software, as well as experience implementing packages and working with vendors
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Solid project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
Experience: level, field, duration
- 1O to 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience, with at least 3 years in senior roles and 5 years managing projects and/or project portfolios globally
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Business Administrate ion or related field
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3 rotational status.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.