Asset Integrity Manager
- Job ID: 2344ES
- Location: Southern Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: March 25, 2016
- Closing Date: April 29, 2016
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar is currently searching for an Asset Integrity Manager. The Asset Integrity Manager is responsible for leading the QA/QC, Planning, Condition Monitoring teams to achieve world class asset management at Ambatovy
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
Purpose of the Position
The Ambatovy mine and plant is in the early phases of operation. It employs highly complex chemical and metallurgical processes and severe service equipment which need to be maintained in a responsible manner. To achieve this goal, the plant assets, need to be maintained to standard; their condition monitored, and continuously improved using a planned workflow process. The Asset Integrity manager ensures that the elements to maintain and monitor asset integrity are in place while striving to achieve name plate production in a sustainable way.
Responsibilities will include
- Accountable for the Health and Safety in his area of responsibility
- Accountable for developing succession plans and promoting the development of nationals through the organization as the organization continues to mature.
- Accountable for overall performance of general management and administrative activities which include leading and providing guidance to his/her organization which includes human and industrial relations of Expat, TCN’s, Nationals and Contractors. He is interfacing with internal departments, external vendors, contractors and other service groups
- Development of the QA/QC team in partnership with the Chief Inspector to ensure QC requirements for day to day and major shutdown are met, and regulatory requirements are reduced through improved monitoring and systems.
- Development of the planning department focussing on the recruitment and training of planners, improvement of the planning tool, development of the work management model and development of the synergies with the maintenance execution teams.
- Development of the condition monitoring systems to improve data interpretation and utilisation to adapt our maintenance strategies and planning accordingly.
- Development of the EAM system to support the business efficiently in a cost effective manner.
- Management Reporting: Develop and issue KPI’s that will allow Maintenance management to monitor performance.
- Accountable to meet budget and operating targets that are set in his/her area of responsibility. Reporting and developing midterm strategic plans related for services provided by his organisation
Requirements (Skills, Experience and Qualifications)
Skills: technical, management, organization
- Previous experience in Asset management development in large scale industrial projects.
- Competent in reliability centred maintenance, asset integrity, planning and condition monitoring.
- Previous experience in quality assurance and quality control principles applicable to an industrial environment
- Proven knowledge in pressure equipment inspection strategies and related regulations.
- Previous exposure to recruitment and supervision of a multi-national workforce in developing countries.
- Strong understanding of the development of maintenance systems and processes.
- Experience in Lean processes
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English, Fluency in French is a definite asset.
Experience: level, field, duration
- Min 15 years of overall experience in industrial Asset Management.
- Min 10 years’ experience in different supervision roles.
Qualifications: education, complementary training (s)
- Industrial Engineering degree or equivalent.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3 rotational status.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.